job Opportunities at Signal Crest
We have the following opportunities open currently. Please learn more below.
Director of Facilities
Part-time hourly; hours expected to vary based on need from 4 to 25 hours per week
required inspections, and respond to alarms.
- Ensure all aspects of facilities maintenance are handled effectively, efficiently and safely for the church.
- Support the ministry goals of Signal Crest UMC through the application of expertise primarily in areas of maintenance, building operations, and mechanical systems.
- Maintain open communicate regarding all aspects of the facility to Trustees committee chair.
- Perform minor electrical, plumbing, and AC system maintenance and modifications, as needed.
- Program and maintain thermostats for regular church activities.
- Coordinate and supervise periodic municipal and state required safety inspections and maintenance of fire systems, elevators, and boilers.
- Regularly inspect the church premises for areas of need or concern and report findings to the church office.
- When necessary, contact applicable outside vendors to facilitate repairs, ensuring competitive and fair pricing.
- Review all outside vendor invoices to ensure satisfactory completion and report to the Trustees committee.
- Respond to office and ministry service and maintenance requests.
- Ensure proper setup and tear down for church events, which may include some evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinate the maintenance of the plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems including minor repairs and coordination of volunteer or outside vendors for major repairs or replacements.
- Work with the Director of Music Ministry and the Contemporary Worship Leader to manage and maintain all stage equipment including rigging and prop storage.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of policies put in place by the Church Council.
- Oversee maintenance and safety inspection of church-owned vehicles.
- Organize and retain maintenance records for the building, contacts of outside vendors and annual/seasonal maintenance checklists.
- Closely communicate with all building employees.
- Develop and recommend a plan to repair and/or replace needed items around the church.
- Brainstorm best ways to utilize church volunteers to accomplish needed improvements and communicate ideas to the Trustees Committee Chair.
- Respond to alarms as needed 24/7 and have backups when not available.
Working knowledge of facilities and maintenance; good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. To apply:
Please provide a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
This job description is not intended to include all details of the work functions inherent in this position, nor does it give exclusive title to every function described. The incumbent may be required to assume additional duties not covered in the description.